User Agreement and Privacy
Please read our User Agreement and Privacy
- This site uses the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 policy.
- Your private information is not shared to any third parties except when required for technical support, and on your request/with your permission.
Agreement for Use of National Cancer Grid E-learning Course Material
by a Registered User on the E-learning Portal
This agreement between the National Cancer Grid (NCG) and User (end users) is based on Creative commons principle. The content is co-ownership of Authors and National Cancer Grid. The content is developed to support courses hosted on this website by NCG and the use of the contents will be free for academic use. Any User, by proceeding to register for any of the courses on this website and begins the use of the content, by default will be considered as in agreement to the terms and conditions listed below. This agreement in total is with respect to use the content as whole or in part for instructional, educational, and administrative purposes. No user can make commercial use of any material available on this website.
Definitions of the terms used in this document and applicable through-out the course period to any registered user
1. Agreement - means the terms and conditions for accessing e-learning course contents created by National Cancer Grid Website Terms.
2. Course - is the learning schedule for a subject, for which the student opts / is registered
3. Student - any member who registers for the course under National Cancer Grid and is an authorized user once registration process is completed.
4. Content / e content / course material - means any information / document made available to the student for completion of course. This content can be in various format including document, media and interactive software.
5. Learning interface/platform - is the software used to disseminate the course and NCG will ensure its compatibility with common web browsers.
6. Access to content- Access to the content will only be web-based and made available to student after proper registration and issuance of username and password. These are mean for a single user, and these username and passwords should not be shared.
7. Assessment – For courses which involve a certificate of completion, a registered user may have to complete and pass an assessment at the end of a course to obtain this certification.
Terms for use of the content
1. For use of material by end users (students), NCG adopts the Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivs - CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 of Creative Commons. The main terms for the license are given below:
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
The licensor (NCG) cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
2. The student is permitted to use, read, and download (in certain circumstances) course material for academic use only.
3. The student should not share the access credentials (username and password) that will be issued for courses.
4. A student cannot:
a. transmit, display or store infringing, threatening, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material, including material that that violates this agreement
b. introduce malicious programs (such as viruses, worms or trojans) into the Course platform.
5. If any of these terms and conditions are violated or breached, the NCG conveyor / e-learning course In-charge is authorized to the terminate registration with immediate effect, affecting access to the material with immediate effect to the student
6. On termination of this registration, for any reason, all access permissions granted to the student under this Agreement shall stand terminated
Rights of NCG for the E Learning Course
1. The NCG conveyor / course in-charge reserve the rights to change, amend, or revise the contents as and when required
2. If any of these terms and conditions are violated or breached, the NCG conveyor / e-learning course In-charge is authorized to the terminate registration with immediate effect, will also affect access to the material with immediate effect to the student
3. This Agreement may be terminated by NCG at any point
4. NCG reserves the right of withholding / refuse issuance of successful course completion certificate to a student if any breach of terms and conditions is observed.
Privacy & Confidentiality
All details of the student shall be kept confidential. The NCG and e-learning portal coordinators will only share your email and access credentials if it is necessary for technical support. No other details will be shared with any third parties without your permission. Your contact information may be used to notify you of new courses or changes in the website, or to provide technical support.
NCG is not liable for any delay in uploading content, or sharing of material in all forms and formats due to unwarranted difficulties.
NCG reserves the right to change and amend the content at any time with our prior notice to registered users.
NCG also reserves the rights to amend, change the Terms and conditions of this agreement as and when required for the development of its courses and / or as warranted due to the changes in courses and administration.
This Agreement is governed by Indian law and all disputes shall fall under Indian jurisdiction.